1. Match Procedures
1. Match Start / Punctuality – All matches should start as stated on the tournament schedule. Any changes of the time must be accepted by the Tournament Admins. All Teams and Players in a match should be on the server and ready to go at the latest fifteen (15) minutes before the start of the match.
2. Request a New Game Server – Teams must report game server issues no later than five (5) minutes before the scheduled start time of the match. Failure to do so will forfeit a Team’s right to request a game server change at the Tournament Admin’s discretion
2. Game Specific Rules
1. Game version – The tournament will use the latest available version of the game client.
2. Anti-Cheat – Tournament servers will be VAC enabled and will require VAC enabled clients. If a player is VAC banned, then they are not allowed to take part in a match.
3. Match Settings and Information
1. Matches are played in a Best of Five format
2. The following match settings will be used during the tournament:
1. Rounds: Best out of 30
2. Round time: 1 minute 55 seconds
3. Start money: $800
4. Freeze time: 20 seconds
5. Buy time: 20 seconds
6. Bomb timer: 40 seconds
7. Overtime rounds: best out of 6
8. Round restart delay 5 seconds
9. Break during half time: 2 minutes 30 seconds
3. In case of a draw after all 30 rounds have been played, a knife round will take place to decide the winner. The team with the most players alive wins.
4. Match server – Matches are played on the servers provided by Kompetes. Teams are required to check all the necessary game aspects (including skins, bugs on load etc.) and network components (latency and server variance) before starting the match. Failure to do so, and to let the match start, will mean that both teams have accepted the state the map is in, and the match might be continued under these conditions.
5. In-Game chat – It is not allowed to write about things that are not directly related to the match in the in-game chat. This is including but not limited to discussion of the technical issues and any sort of advertisement.
6. No pause function available, please be ready to play each match.
7. Configuration files – configuration changes are allowed as long as they do not give an unfair edge or advantage comparable to cheating. A player may be penalised for wrong settings in any config file, regardless if it is in use, or even stored in the game folder in question. The following commands are forbidden:
1. cl_showpos 1 –the value needs to be set to 0.
2. Teams are required to contact the tournament administration if they are unsure on the validity of a command and its value. A team may be penalised for having forbidden commands in their configuration file, regardless if it was in use.
8. Scripts – All scripts are illegal except for buy, toggle, demo scripts. A team may be penalized for having forbidden scripts in their configuration file, regardless if it was in use.
9. Graphics drivers – Any modification or changing of the game using external graphics solutions or other 3rd party programs are strictly prohibited and may be punished under the cheating paragraph.
10. Overlays – All kinds of overlays which will show the usage rate of the system in any way in-game (e.g. Nvidia SLI display, Rivatuner Overlay) is forbidden. Overlays which will show only the frames per second (FPS) are not forbidden and can be used.
11. Custom Data – Players are not allowed to use any form of custom game files during the official matches. Only CSGO skins are allowed to be changed. Any other changes, including but not limited to modification of sprites, HUDs, score boards, crosshairs are strictly disallowed.
4. Match Procedures
1. Match Breaks – Teams will have at least 5 minutes of a break between matches and 3 minutes between maps. The exact times will be communicated by the tournament administration. There are no breaks at half times.
2. Number of Players – All matches have to be played with five players per team (5vs5), If a team fails to show up with enough players, the match will count as no-show.
3. Change procedure – Line-up changes are not allowed.
4. Match Interruptions – If a match is interrupted for reasons beyond the control of the participants (e.g. server or player crash), the tournament administration will restore the round using the CSGO’s backup & restore feature, but in some scenarios may decide to replay the round or even a whole match.
1. If the issue takes place during the first minute of the round, before any damage has occurred and the opponent or referee has been immediately notified, the round will be restored.
2. If the issue takes place during a round and after the damage has been made and the outcome of the round can still be determined (e.g. a single player has dropped but others remain), then the round will not be replayed or restored. The round will continue to be played and will count. Special exceptions can be made if the damage dealt was ruled insignificant e.g. accidental teammate damage dealt at the start of the round or damage dealt to the opposing side by the team that was affected by the crash.
3. If the issue takes place during the round, after damage has occurred and the outcome of the round cannot be determined (e.g. due to server crash), the match will be restored to the beginning of the round.
4. If the issue takes place during the round, after damage has occurred and the outcome of the round is obvious (e.g. one team is saving with 10 seconds remaining), but it cannot be continued due to for example a server crash, then the round can be awarded.
5. The matches will not be stopped and/or rounds will not be restored or replayed in cases where it is clearly a participant’s fault (e.g. mis-buying a weapon).
5. Use of Bugs and Glitches
1. The intentional use of any bugs, glitches, or errors in the game is forbidden. It is up to the admin’s discretion whether or not the use of said bugs had an effect on the match, and whether or not he will award rounds, or the match to the opposing team, or to force a rematch. The usage of the following bugs is strictly forbidden, if any bug is used which is not listed here it is up to the admin’s discretion whether or not a punishment is necessary.
1. Moving through clipped areas where the movement is not intended by the design of the map is strictly forbidden (any walls, ceilings, floors etc).
2. The bomb may not be planted in a location where it cannot be defused. Planting the bomb in such a way that no one can hear the beeping sound, or the planting sound is also forbidden.
3. Standing on top of teammates is generally allowed, it is only forbidden, when such actions allow the player to peek over, under and/or through a solid object (e.g. wall, box, ceiling) that should not be allowed according to map design.
4. Pixel walking is forbidden. A player will be considered to be pixel walking if they sit or stand on invisible pixels on the map, where there is no visible edge.
2. It is recommended to check with tournament administration whether or not certain bug or glitch is considered illegal.
3. The following bugs are explicitly allowed:
1. Defusing the bomb through walls and items etc.
2. So called “surfing” on tubes
1. The attempt to mislead Kompetes admins or other Players, using false information, or in any other way deceive other Players or Teams will be sanctioned as follows.
1. Faking Match media – Faking match media will result in disqualification.
2. If cheating is discovered twelve the team will be disqualified from the tournament. The use of the following programs will result in disqualification:
4. Colored Models
6. No-Flash and Sound changes.
7. These are only examples, other programs or methods may be considered cheats as well.
Please make sure you aware of the match date and start times, if you are more than 15 minutes late the points will be awarded to the opposition. It is your responsibility to ensure you and the rest of your team are on time.
If you wish to reschedule a match you must give us 48 hours’ notice before your match date others you will forfeit to the opposition.
Please make sure you are before entering the tournament as no refunds will be given.